Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York A teenager has been accused of raping a victim at gunpoint during a home invasion in his hometown of Ridge last month, Suffolk County authorities said.The case was one of four armed home invasions in as many weeks that detectives are investigating.In the first case, 17-year-old Raiquon Davis and 29-year-old Steven Calderon allegedly broke into a house on Independence Court in Ridge, where they stole a wallet, cell phone and ID at 6 a.m. Monday, Sept. 21, police said. Davis allegedly raped a victim during the home invasion, although authorities said he claims the sex was consensual.Davis, who was arrested at 1 p.m. the same day and indicted two days later, pleaded not guilty to charges of first-degree rape, attempted rape, criminal sex act, burglary and robbery Oct. 5 at Suffolk County court. Calderon, who was arrested shortly before 11 a.m. the same morning, was charged with robbery and burglary. Judge Fernando Comacho ordered both men held without bail.Nearly three hours later and 11 miles away from the first home invasion, a victim answered a knock at the door of their Halsey Street home in Port Jefferson Station when the suspect flashed a gun, assaulted one of the victims and stole cash from those inside before they suspect fled, police said. The nature of the injuries the victim suffered was unclear and there was neither an arrest nor description of the suspect.Two weeks later, a man broke into a home on Corey Place in Huntington Station, where the victim had an altercation with the suspect, who threatened the victim with a gun at 7:40 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 3, police said. The victim, who did not actually see a gun, was not injured. Police neither arrested the suspect nor had a description of him.Then, at 2:27 a.m. Monday, Oct. 12, John Gonzalez allegedly forced his way through the front door of a Grant Avenue home in Brentwood, where he struck the victim with a baseball bat, police said. The victim was treated at Southside Hospital in Bay Shore. Gonzalez was charged with burglary. His bail was set at $100,000 cash or $300,000 bond.
The results of the research conducted by the regional research center “TIM” from Novi Sad, confirmed that the premiere edition of the Sea Star Festival in Umag this year has contributed to the Croatian tourism industry more than 60 million kuna.The new festival organized by Exit from the first announcement to the final opening, due to great interest has tripled the initial capacity and doubled the number of festival zones in the Umag resort Stella Maris, while according to official data of the Tourist Board of Umag, all accommodation facilities in the city and surrounding places , were filled. Thus, according to the data of the Umag Tourist Board, in relation to the pre-festival weekend in Umag and its surroundings, the number of visits increased by as much as 220%!The festival was visited by more than 25 fans from 28 to 50.000 May, and as many as 93% of them came from outside Umag, and the host city in hospitality is followed by the Istrian County, which was visited by as many as 85% of guests from abroad! The survey also found that each of these visitors spent an average of 292 euros during the festival, according to organizers, which was conducted on a representative sample of visitors with purchased tickets.The research of visitors also shows that they stayed in Umag for an average of three days, and the list of about 40 countries from which guests came to the festival includes Great Britain, the Netherlands, France and most countries on the European continent. from nearby Slovenia and Italy. Visitors from Western Europe spent a bit more, with 310 euros in the end, or 103 euros per day, and it is interesting that visitors from the countries of the region with an average of 305 euros, or slightly more than 100 euros, did not lag behind. Daily.”After the exceptional start of the Sea Star Festival, which exceeded all expectations, a historic chance was created for Sea Star to grow into one of the most important music festivals in the Mediterranean and one of the most important brands in Umag, Istria and the entire region. According to the experience from Exit, with this initial energy, Sea Star will shine on the European map of the festival for a long time”, Said the director and founder of EXIT festival Dusan Kovacevic and adds that visitors, numerous performers, both international and regional who traveled by road in Istria, and more than 300 journalists from around the world in the superlatives themselves spoke about the beauties, gastronomic offer and acceptance by the host.Also, the whole story needs to include the media value and coverage of the festival, which is certainly not negligible when we talk about branding and promotion of a tourist destination. As Kovačić points out, this year the festival received numerous awards from the world media, so some of the most influential British media aimed at the younger population, such as DJ Mag, Billboard, IQ, Mixmag, gave their recommendations for Sea Star as well as for a holiday in Umag. , Pulse Radio, Festpop and many others. Unfortunately, the real media value, ie the reach of the Sea Satar Festival, has not been done, but certainly this information, which is extremely important, should be added to the total tourist consumption.Research also shows that the highly educated make up as much as two thirds, and the average age of the Sea Star festival audience is 26,2 years, which puts them in a higher pay group. Visitors were mostly accommodated in apartments, private accommodation and hotels. The research also showed that the vast majority, over 80%, visited Umag exclusively because of the Sea Star festival, while over 95% of respondents said that their opinion of Umag improved or remained equally positive after the festival! Also, as many as 95.3% of respondents estimated that the Stella Maris complex is an excellent or good location for holding festivals.Investing in events is not a cost, but an investment If we want to have a good attendance and a good story, we must invest, ie invest money in quality content. Without content there is no story, no visitors and ultimately no interest. The goal is to offer quality products and services that visitors are willing to pay and consume, and of course the story of the event as the main motive for coming. The most important thing is to complete the whole story, both to the visitors and to the partners who are inside the festival through catering and other facilities. The event must be a win-win-win for everyone, because if only one element is missing, everything falls into the water.But the most important message is that investing in events is not a cost, but an investment, of course if we look at the long term and work on developing a large event that becomes a motive for coming. With the arrival of as many visitors as possible, such as the good example of the Sea Star Festival, a tourist overnight stay is generated as well as the most important tourist spending. If there is no spending, there is no interest, and interest is the earnings of all partners. Everything pulls one after another, so the organization of events is a serious job that consists of a lot of elements that complement each other.If you want to develop events, then you have to invest money, because one does not go without the other. Without investing in production, the whole experience and quality development, the money invested is a cost and thrown to the wind because we did not complete the whole story, ie get a sufficient number of visitors and, accordingly, not tourist spending. An excellent example is Advent in Zagreb, which achieved 120.000 arrivals and 230.000 overnight stays, and according to the conducted research, generated an estimated consumption of 390 to 438 million kuna.And don’t forget, content is king and the motive for coming.Related news:FIND OUT HOW MUCH ADVENT GENERATED TOURIST SPENDING IN ZAGREBSMALL EVENTS AS THE ESSENCE OF OUR TOURISMTHE ESSENCE OF TOURISM IN ISTRIA – SO SIMPLE AND SO INGENIOUS 100 MILES OF ISTRIA AS A GREAT TOURIST STORY THAT WILL GENERATE 5.000 NIGHTS
The cinema experience at 558 London Road, Chandler.Located at 558 London Rd, Chandler, the six-bedroom, seven-bathroom home is packed with several one-of-a-kind features and is expected to fetch about $6 million.An underground wine cellar with seating for 20 people including a wet bar and TV, a Gold Class cinema and wine bar, and an outdoor pool cinema are part of the luxe features within the architecturally designed home, on 1.01ha.There is a separate children’s and parent’s wing off the home, and every bedroom has an en suite, walk-in robe, and access to the pool area.Two offices and a gym, plus a second self-contained two-bedroom home, make for the perfect living space for grandparents or an au pair. There’s plenty of room to enjoy at 558 London Road, Chandler.Tyson Clarke, of Queensland Sotheby’s International Realty – Brisbane, said the home had Brisbane’s biggest residential garage, housing anywhere from 14 to 22 cars underground.“I sold the famous Batman tunnel house in Ascot for $8.8m which had a secret tunnel to a 10-car underground garage, this has a similar feel, but this garage is double that and can accommodate anywhere from 14 to 22 cars underground in the garage,” Mr Clarke said. Inside the stunning new Chandler home. KNOCK DOWN, REBUILD TREND EMERGES “The interiors of the home are just amazing and I can imagine every person coming through the home just in awe, designed by Leila Macaione from Studio LMD Interior Design, there are so many aspects of the home inside that you just fall in love with at every turn.”Despite building her “dream home”, owner Anita Meier is looking to downsize as her children have now moved out.The home will be sold via private treaty. What a view from the gym.More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus11 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market11 hours ago A James Bond-inspired home has been built at Chandler in Brisbane.WALK inside Brisbane’s very own James Bond-inspired home and you’ll have a licence to thrill.The newly built pad has hit the market featuring two secret staircases and an underground 14-car garage, with an invisible entrance from the street. MORE: BRONCOS CHAIRMAN SELLS UP IN BRISBANE 558 London Road, Chandler is a real beauty. The kitchen area at 558 London Road, Chandler.Mr Clarke said the home, on sprawling acreage, had the latest state-of-the-art smart home control system to control everything you need in the house from iPads to a phone.“You can watch movies, turn lights on and off, open the gates, check security, just like you would expect in a James Bond movie,” he said. Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:22Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:22 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels720p720pHD540p540p360p360p216p216pAutoA, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenWhat Aussie renters feel most guilty about00:22 DESIGNER UNITS THE WAY TO GO How many cars can you fit in this new James Bond-inspired home built in Brisbane?
“Hopefully we can tie something up with Villarreal soon. We are optimistic about that happening.” De Guzman was one of the star men for Michael Laudrup’s side last season and his performances earned the him a call-up for the Holland national side, with who he has gone on to make five appearances. Press Association Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins is hopeful the club can bring midfielder Jonathan de Guzman back to the Liberty Stadium. De Guzman made an instant impression in south Wales following his arrival on a season-long loan from Villarreal last year, scoring eight times in 45 appearances in all competitions. And the club are determined to bring back the 25-year-old back to the club, with reports suggesting the Swans are close to securing another year-long loan deal. “I have met with Jonathan’s agent and he is comfortable with where we are at,” said Jenkins to the South Wales Evening Post.