Last weekend boasted the inaugural Outlaw Music Festival, taking place over one day – September 18th – at the beautiful Montage Mountain near Scranton, PA. Hosted by Willie Nelson, the event featured sets from Neil Young + Promise Of The Real, Chris Robinson Brotherhood, Sheryl Crow, Brothers Osborne and Lee Ann Womack. The Outlaw spirit was in full force, as these iconic artists turned in tremendous performances for an adoring crowd. With Willie Nelson and his children Lukas and Mikah playing as well, this was truly a special and memorable.Thanks to photographer Sam Watson, we now have a full gallery of images from the festival for you to enjoy. Take a look through the gallery below! We’ll see you there next year. Load remaining images
FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Casper Star Tribune:Cloud Peak Energy, the coal giant that operates two Wyoming mines, filed for bankruptcy Friday amid mounting debt and declining demand.The filing follows months of troubling signs for the Powder River Basin operator, which for a time avoided the economic difficulties of its competitors but had of late experienced growing financial challenges as the market for its product diminished.The company’s filing indicated it had, as of the end of the year, nearly $929 million in assets and almost $635 million in total debts.In its announcement, the company said its mining operations would continue as normal as it moves through the bankruptcy process. But the filing represents the latest concerning episode for coal, which has been one of the main drivers of the state’s economy, along with oil and natural gas.Cloud Peak owns three Powder River Basin mines: the Antelope and Cordero Rojo in Wyoming and Spring Creek in Montana. The mines shipped 50 million tons of coal in 2018. Cloud Peak is Wyoming’s third-largest coal producer, and its mines represent 20 percent of the state’s coal miners in the Powder River Basin.Cloud Peak is the fourth major coal producer in Wyoming, the top coal-mining state, to file for bankruptcy in recent years. Bristol, Tennessee-based Alpha Natural Resources filed for bankruptcy in 2015, followed by top-producing Peabody Energy and Arch Coal in 2016. Westmoreland Coal, which operates the Kemmerer Mine in southwest Wyoming, filed for bankruptcy in October.More: Wyoming coal giant Cloud Peak files for bankruptcy Wyoming coal producer Cloud Peak files for bankruptcy
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York A 22-year-old Brentwood man was charged with driving while intoxicated following a crash that killed a motorcyclist in his hometown Sunday night, Suffolk County police said. Anthony Brody-Santos was driving a 1999 Nissan Altima southbound on Washington Avenue just before 11:20 p.m., police said, when he crashed into a 2001 Honda motorcycle that was turning onto Clarke Street. The motorcyclist, 47-year-old Jose Funes of Brentwood, was transported to Southside Hospital in Bay Shore, where he died from his injuries, police said. Brody-Santos, who was not injured, was arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated. He is scheduled to be arraigned Monday at First District Court in Central Islip. Both vehicles were impounded for safety checks. The investigation is continuing, police said. Anyone who may have witnessed the crash is asked to call the Vehicular Crime Unit at 631-852-6555 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls are anonymous.
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York A teenager has been accused of raping a victim at gunpoint during a home invasion in his hometown of Ridge last month, Suffolk County authorities said.The case was one of four armed home invasions in as many weeks that detectives are investigating.In the first case, 17-year-old Raiquon Davis and 29-year-old Steven Calderon allegedly broke into a house on Independence Court in Ridge, where they stole a wallet, cell phone and ID at 6 a.m. Monday, Sept. 21, police said. Davis allegedly raped a victim during the home invasion, although authorities said he claims the sex was consensual.Davis, who was arrested at 1 p.m. the same day and indicted two days later, pleaded not guilty to charges of first-degree rape, attempted rape, criminal sex act, burglary and robbery Oct. 5 at Suffolk County court. Calderon, who was arrested shortly before 11 a.m. the same morning, was charged with robbery and burglary. Judge Fernando Comacho ordered both men held without bail.Nearly three hours later and 11 miles away from the first home invasion, a victim answered a knock at the door of their Halsey Street home in Port Jefferson Station when the suspect flashed a gun, assaulted one of the victims and stole cash from those inside before they suspect fled, police said. The nature of the injuries the victim suffered was unclear and there was neither an arrest nor description of the suspect.Two weeks later, a man broke into a home on Corey Place in Huntington Station, where the victim had an altercation with the suspect, who threatened the victim with a gun at 7:40 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 3, police said. The victim, who did not actually see a gun, was not injured. Police neither arrested the suspect nor had a description of him.Then, at 2:27 a.m. Monday, Oct. 12, John Gonzalez allegedly forced his way through the front door of a Grant Avenue home in Brentwood, where he struck the victim with a baseball bat, police said. The victim was treated at Southside Hospital in Bay Shore. Gonzalez was charged with burglary. His bail was set at $100,000 cash or $300,000 bond.
To recommend a code of conduct for scientists and laboratory workers that can be adopted by federal agencies, professional organizations, and institutions Mar 4, 2004, CIDRAP News story “New board to advise on ‘dual use’ research, announces HHS” Jul 1, 2005 (CIDRAP News) – The members of a new government board that will guide efforts to keep terrorists from exploiting the fruits of federally funded biotechnology research were announced this week by Health and Human Services Secretary Mike Leavitt. “The implications for the tremendous good that can be accomplished in this line of research are mind-boggling,” he said. “At the same time, the potential misapplication of this kind of research is frightening. So we have to be very careful not to throw the baby out with the bath water. We need this type of research. Therefore we must find every way we possibly can to prevent someone from using it for terrorism purposes.” Today’s session included a discussion on the chemical synthesis of bacteria and viruses, with J. Craig Venter, PhD, and other leaders in the field. Venter, founder of J. Craig Venter Institute, talked about the widespread availability of technology for synthesizing microbial DNA. “There are well over 50,000 DNA synthesizers in the world,” he commented at one point, adding that he had seen several for sale on eBay for about $5,000. To develop criteria for identifying “dual use” research—legitimate research whose results could be misused for biological warfare or bioterrorism The board will also be asked to advise the government on guidelines for publishing information about potentially sensitive research, biosecurity education programs for scientists and lab workers, local review and approval processes for dual-use research, and other issues. Venter and other speakers said that unscrupulous researchers could synthesize pathogenic bacteria or viruses and that detecting and stopping such efforts would be very difficult. He advocated focusing efforts on developing medical defenses against such pathogens. HHS officials first announced plans to establish the NSABB in March 2004. The estimated annual cost of operating the board is about $976,000, according to information on the Web site. Leavitt appointed Dennis L. Kasper, MD, of Harvard Medical School to chair the board. Kasper is director of the Channing Laboratory in the department of medicine at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston. As examples of the potential benefits of “synthetic biology,” Osterholm said Venter described a project to develop bacteria that could remove carbon dioxide from the air and thus combat global warming. Venter is also working on bacteria that would produce pure hydrogen, which “could dramatically change our status as a petroleum-based economy,” Osterholm added. Jun 29 HHS news release with list of NSABB membershttp://archive.hhs.gov/news/press/2005pres/20050629.html In naming 24 people to the National Science Advisory Board for Biosecurity (NSABB), Leavitt said in a news release, “We all realize some research that results in new medical treatments, agricultural advances, and biodefense countermeasures could end up in the hands of terrorists who could twist it for their own purposes. The NSABB will provide a forum to help educate scientists on biosecurity and a means for the federal government to receive advice on how to advance scientific knowledge without compromising security.” Announcement of the members was the prelude to the board’s first meeting, held yesterday and today in Bethesda, Md. The meeting was open to the public and was also accessible over the Internet as a live webcast. Osterholm commented after the meeting that the presentations on chemical synthesis of new microbes showed that the field has huge potential for both good and ill. The National Research Council called for creation of a board like the NSABB in its 2003 report, titled “Biotechnology Research in an Age of Terrorism: Confronting the Dual Use Dilemma.” As established, the board is somewhat different from what that report recommended, but it is intended to achieve the same goals, according to information on the board’s Web site. NSABB sitehttp://www.biosecurityboard.gov/ “If we’re not concentrating almost 100% of our efforts on providing defensive countermeasures, we’re missing the big picture here,” Venter said. “Any viral agent can be produced. We should just assume that’s possible and make sure that we have good vaccines and good vaccine development procedures to work against them.” The board is composed mostly of academic researchers but includes several private consultants, one attorney, and the head of the vaccine department at a large pharmaceutical company, Merck & Co. Among the members is Michael T. Osterholm, PhD, MPH, director of the University of Minnesota Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP), publisher of this Web site. See also: The board’s main tasks, according to information on the NSABB Web site, are: The board will not have authority to approve or reject specific experiments. But it will, on request, provide guidance to local “institutional biosafety committees” on specific experiments or classes of research that raise complex questions. To develop guidelines for overseeing dual-use research Oct 10, 2003, CIDRAP News story “To block terrorists, panel calls for more screening of research
Navi Mumbai: Hardik Pandya continued his destructive form on return from injury as he slammed a 55-ball 158 for Reliance 1 against BPCL in the semi-final of the 16th DY Patil T20 Cup at the DY Patil Stadium here on Friday. Days after smashing 105 off just 39 balls, fit-again Hardik tonked 20 massive sixes and hit six fours in his blitzkrieg which entertained the crowd who had turned up to see the likes of him, Shikhar Dhawan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, and Shreyas Iyer among others. Reliance 1 rode Hardik’s pyrotechnics to reach 238. Hardik underwent surgery after suffering a lower-back injury five months ago and has since been on a road to recovery. He could not be fit in time for the New Zealand tour but started bowling at the National Cricket Academy (NCA) in Bengaluru after returning from a check-up in the UK. After smashing 105 against CAG in a Group C encounter a few days ago, he had said: “It’s fantastic (platform) for someone like me. I have been away for almost six months. This is my second game after a long time. For me, it is a good platform to see where I am currently and test my body. IANSAlso Read: Kieron Pollard joins the 10,000-runs club in his 500th T20 matchAlso Watch: Mottock Yuva Chatra Parishad demands immediate release of KMSS leader Akhil Gogoi in Tinsukia
Football Federation president Hany Abou Rida said he had every confidence the country would deliver a tournament to make the nation proud.Authorities have already named eight stadiums they feel are ready to use in Cairo, Alexandria, Ismaila and Suez.“In fact we have the means to stage matches in seven regions,” football federation official Magdi Abdelghani said Sunday.The North African country, which has experience in mass tourism, has a multitude of hotels, two international airports, in Cairo and near Alexandria, and a road network linking the main cities.Share on: WhatsApp Cairo, Egypt | AFP | Egypt’s sports ministry and Football Federation on Sunday outlined their bid to be ready for the Africa Cup of Nations which starts on June 15.Egypt took over as hosts for the 2019 tournament last week after Cameroon was stripped of the event due to infrastructure delays and political instability.“It is with great joy but a huge sense of responsibility that we embark on four or five months of serious hard work,” sports minister Achraf Sobhi said on Sunday. “A supreme committee will be set up to oversee things.”Sobhi also revealed that the opening ceremony and first match would take place in the 74,000 capacity Cairo International Stadium which was renovated before Egypt hosted the 2006 edition.Egyptian Prime Minister Moustafa Madbouli said this weekend that work had begun at the stadium to replace the pitch.
9 Sep 2017 Hannah is runner up at British stroke play Image copyright Stills Photography Tags: British Open, England, Hannah Screen England girl international Hannah Screen produced an impressive performance to finish joint runner-up in women’s British open stroke play championship at North Berwick. The 17-year-old from Berkhamsted Golf Club, Hertfordshire, was in the hunt throughout and finished on one-under par, three behind champion Linn Grant of Sweden. They filled six places in the top ten with Olivia Winning (Rotherham, Yorkshire) finishing 4th; Gemma Clews (Delamere Forest, Cheshire) 5th; Bel Wardle (Prestbury, Cheshire) 7th; defending champion Sophie Lamb (Clitheroe, Lancashire) 8th; and Cara Gainer (Castle Royle, Berkshire) 9th. Screen, who was in England’s winning team at the Girls’ Home Internationals, led a great show by English players. Click here for full scores Screen had rounds of 71, 72, 74, 74 and only dropped out of the reckoning with bogeys on 16 and 17 in the final round. Grant, by contrast, birdied the last two holes.
Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane said people write off Cristiano Ronaldo at their peril after the Portuguese forward struck twice in the 5-0 drubbing of Sevilla on Saturday as the La Liga champions and their prolific scorer roared back to life.Ronaldo has been widely criticised in Spain for his domestic form this season and before the game with Sevilla he had only scored twice in the league, his lacklustre form mirroring Real’s feeble defence of the title they won so convincingly last May.Ronaldo was crowned world player of the year for a joint-record fifth time on Thursday and showed off his shiny Ballon d’Or trophy on the Bernabeu pitch before kick off and when the game began he appeared to have an extra spring in his step.He latched onto a through ball from Marco Asensio to confidently sidefoot the ball inside the near corner to score Real’s second goal midway through the first half and then powered home the third from the penalty spot, his shot bouncing under Sevilla goalkeeper Sergio Rico.”It has been a perfect week for him and I hope he continues at this pace, although I already said you have to be careful with him,” Zidane told a news conference.??????? #CRI5TIANOThe moment @Cristiano presented his fifth Ballon d’Or to the Bernabu! pic.twitter.com/yBj88b4mR3- Real Madrid C.F.???? (@realmadriden) December 9, 2017Ronaldo also scored in Real’s 3-2 win over Borussia Dortmund on Wednesday to become the first player ever to score in all six Champions League group games in one season.advertisement”I don’t say that for no reason, I know him well and I see how ambitious he is every day in training, he knows he’s going to score. Sometimes it doesn’t come off for him and no-one is happy about that, but you always have to be careful with him.”??5????? An afternoon full of goals and celebrations at the Bernabu! ??#RMLiga | #HalaMadrid pic.twitter.com/x3iFi4XGvF- Real Madrid C.F.???? (@realmadriden) December 9, 2017Zidane also praised Ronaldo’s overall play, as the Portuguese helped tee-up 19-year-old right back Achraf Hakimi for the fifth goal of the game before the halftime whistle.”After watching the game we can safely say we have got him back,” added the coach after Real moved to within five points of La Liga leaders Barcelona, who visit Villarreal on Sunday.”We’re very happy with the performance as it’s not easy to score five goals against Sevilla. I hope we can keep scoring, we’ve scored eight goals in our last two games and we have to keep going like this.”We’re growing in every sense and playing better. When you play better you create more chances, we created a lot today and scored five times, for the first time this season (in the league).”Real left back Marcelo added: “For me, Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player in the world. I never saw (Diego) Maradona or Pele play but I know you can’t compare anyone to him.”We’re privileged to live in the same era as (Lionel) Messi and Cristiano, each own has his own story and attributes, but I prefer Cristiano.”??????????????? #[email protected] showcased his fifth Ballon d’Or to the Bernabu ahead of kick-off! pic.twitter.com/ZcHpf7zaaz- Real Madrid C.F.???? (@realmadriden) December 9, 2017