This year’s Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival offered no shortage of entertainment value, including performances by Kendrick Lamar, Radiohead, Lady Gaga, award-winning film composer Hans Zimmer, and many more, along with various art installations and other festival grounds fare. But perhaps the most awe-inspiring sensory display at the popular California desert event was “Chrysalis,” an 8-minute psychedelic experience projected onto a massive geodesic dome. The 360° audiovisual spectacle starts with a “Shamanistic rite-of-passage ceremony,” and embarks from there on a breathtaking cosmic odyssey.Obscura Digital, the firm responsible for the exhibit, is a San Francisco-based creative technology studio that orchestrates entertaining, informative, and educational experiences with interactive installations, large-format architectural projections, and immersive environments that generate a sense of awe and inspiration for live audiences. Thanks to the Obscura, you can watch footage of the entire light show below (though, of course, a conventional video can’t really come close to capturing the full Antarctic Dome experience):You can also watch Obscura Digital’s official recap video from the installation, which gives some added perspective on the awesome scale of the spectacle and the dumbstruck reactions of its thoroughly satisfied patrons:As the project’s Creative Director Joshua Pipic explained to Vice, “The power of it is that it’s not just a VR headset—it giant and powerful and really takes up all the space in front of your eyes. People overuse the word ‘immersive,’ but it’s the most immersive thing I’ve ever worked on.” And when Pipic says this is the most “immersive” project he’s worked on, you can trust it’s coming from a reliable source: Obscure has designed and brought to life innovative audiovisual exhibitions on the facades of such iconic structures Empire State Building, St. Peter’s Basilica, The Sydney Opera House, and more. You can check out more of Obscura’s incredible work on their website.[h/t – Vice][Cover photo via Obscura Digital]
The controversial claim was made by Presidential Chief of Staff Moeldoko following a meeting with Central Java Governor Ganjar Pranowo in Semarang on Thursday.Moeldoko conveyed his skepticism regarding the number of fatalities declared to have been caused by or linked to the coronavirus disease, claiming that a “redefinition” should be in order to avoid loopholes that could be exploited to the benefit of certain parties.“Not all deaths are caused by COVID-19,” he said. “This needs to be clarified. Don’t let this benefit those who seek profit from the [medical] definition.”Ganjar supported Moeldoko’s claim, saying that false COVID-19 diagnoses had been made in Central Java.“Such a thing has happened in Central Java. There were people diagnosed for COVID-19 and then died before their test results came back,” he said.“It turned out that their test results came back negative. It was unfortunate, […] we need to address this issue.” (rfa) Furthermore, the bold claim, as it was not supported by any data or evidence, could help create a misleading narrative that cast hospitals in an unfavorable light, he added.Instead of making tone-deaf statements, Kuntjoro encouraged the government to make constructive criticism and to bolster its support of hospitals.“PERSI […] is open to collaboration with other stakeholders to improve the healthcare system, including COVID-19 treatment,” he said.Read also: COVID-19 deaths ‘redefinition’ prompts pushback – National Topics : The Indonesian Hospital Association (PERSI) has expressed dismay over the government’s suggestion that some health facilities across the country had used COVID-19 diagnoses for profit, noting that it would only further erode public trust in the country’s healthcare system amid the ongoing coronavirus crisis.PERSI chairman Kuntjoro Adi Purjanto said such a statement could only serve to stigmatize health workers’ sincere efforts to treat coronavirus patients and prevent further deaths as the pandemic continues unabated.“[The claim] could massively influence public trust in hospitals and betray health workers’ unwavering dedication,” he said in a written statement issued on Sunday, as quoted by kompas.com.
Finn Harps may face the prospect of playing two league matches in the space of just three days! There is a strong possibility Harps abandoned fixture with Sligo will be played this Saturday, as neither side are in FAI cup action.However, Harps re-scheduled fixture with Dundalk has been pencilled in for Monday night – meaning Harps could be forced to play two games in three days! The original fixture between Harps and Dundalk on August 15th was postponed due to Stephen Kenny’s sides involvement in the Champions League qualifiers.It has been confirmed it will take place next Monday if there is no replay required between UCD and Dundalk in their FAI Cup clash on Friday night.However, Harps clash with Sligo last weekend was postponed after just 22 minutes due to a waterlogged pitch, and some sources are suggesting clash may take place this Saturday.If it is re-scheduled for this weekend – it will mean Ollie Horgan’s side will face Sligo on Saturday night, and then travel to Dundalk on Monday. Not only is it financially straining on the club, Harps are fighting for their Premier Division survival – and being forced to play two very important matches in just three days for part-time players is far from ideal.Finn Harps released a statement saying, “Club secretary John Campbell has confirmed that the League of Ireland Premier Division game between Dundalk and Finn Harps at Oriel Park will take place on next Monday night the 12th of September (kick-off 7.45).But, the new date is subject to their being no replay required in the FAI Cup quarter-final replay between UCD and Dundalk which takes place at the Belfield Bowl on this Friday night. Harps had initially been due to take on Dundalk on Monday 15th of August but it was postponed due to European commitments of Stephen Kenny’s side.Meanwhile a new date for the Sligo Rovers v Finn Harps match at the Showgrounds has yet to be confirmed. The game was abandoned after 22 minutes on Saturday night due to a waterlogged pitch.”Bonkers! Harps may be forced to play two games in three days! was last modified: September 6th, 2016 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:crisisDundalkfai cupfinn harpsfixturesnewsSligo RoversSport