Archives: 广州囡囡论坛

INLD wants SYL canal completed soon

December 3, 2019 | By admin | No Comments | Filed in: adzvswdvm.

first_imgHaryana’s principal Opposition party, the Indian National Lok Dal (INLD), on Monday asked the Centre to take steps for an early completion of the Sutlej-Yamuna Link (SYL) canal. Leader of the Opposition in Haryana Assembly Abhay Singh Chautala-led delegation met Union Water Resources Minister Nitin Gadkari and impressed upon him the early completion of the SYL canal as directed by the Supreme Court. They also requested him to urge the Haryana government to follow the Supreme Court directive regarding compensation to the farmers whose land is to be acquired for the Dadupur-Nalvi canal and continue with the project.Mr. Chautala drew the attention of Mr. Gadkari to the fast depleting ground water in the State. “As it is, South Haryana has already become ‘dark zone’ and a worried Supreme Court has put restrictions on construction. North Haryana, the basmati bowl of the State, too has slipped in the ‘critical’ zone. Thus almost the whole of the State is sliding towards ‘dark’ zone and hence would become infertile and desert due to unavailability of water,” he said. This would have serious repercussions on the social and economic front, he added.Mr. Chautala said that Mr. Gadkari assured them that if the Dadupur-Nalvi canal project were scrapped, the Centre would contribute towards meeting the additional expenses.last_img read more

Tags: , , , , , ,

Kochi survives IPL axe again, BCCI to decide fate on Dec 5

November 28, 2019 | By admin | No Comments | Filed in: mtxrtiwaj.

first_imgThe squabbling Kochi IPL franchise on Sunday got yet another breather from the BCCI which decided to defer the decision on its fate till December 5 after the consortium’s investors reached a last-minute agreement over their shareholding pattern.At a meeting of the IPL’s Governing Council here, the BCCI deferred the decision on the franchise for a third time after the expiry of a month-long deadline given to it for sorting out its internal bickering.”They have disclosed their ownership pattern. Our legal experts will study the papers. There was no discussion with the investors because we are not legal experts. BCCI will take a decision on December 5 in Mumbai, ” BCCI President Shashank Manohar told reporters after the meeting.Barely seven months after becoming the second most costliest team in the Indian Premier League, Kochi was on the verge of being thrown out of the event.But the owners of the beleaguered franchise made a last ditch attempt to save the outfit by reaching a compromise last night.Before the compromise, the investors of the franchise, which was bought for a staggering sum of Rs 1533.33 crore, had written to the BCCI informing them of their intention to withdraw from the IPL.That letter was sent after the BCCI, which had on October 10 expelled Kings XI Punjab and Rajasthan Royals for allegedly violating contractual agreements, gave a termination notice of 30 days to the franchise to sort out internal disputes regarding the shareholding pattern.The investors in the consortium — Anchor Earth, Parinee Developers, Rosy Blue and Film Wave – hold 74 per cent of the equity.advertisementThe remaining 26 per cent lies with the Gaikwad family — Shailendra, his brother Ravi and their parents all part of Rendezvous Sports World – as free equity for services rendered while bidding.It is this 26 per cent which became a bone of contention among the stakeholders as the investors were in no mood to give free equity to the Gaikwad family.The Gaikwads, on their part, initially refused to part with the equity but have now agreed to forego at least some of it to put an end to the squabbling which threatens the very existence of the team.The BCCI has made it clear that eight teams will take part in the fourth edition of the league scheduled from April 8, just six days after the World Cup.With PTI inputslast_img read more

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,