Archives: 上海自带工作室微信号

VT Balloon & Music Festival Grounded

January 1, 2021 | By admin | No Comments | Filed in: npwsfhnnm.

first_imgExpo officials cite costs and weather as reasonsESSEX JUNCTION, Vt. After two years of less-than perfect conditions for flying, officials at Champlain Valley Exposition announced it will not hold the Vermont Balloon and Music Festival.The annual event, traditionally held the first weekend of June, began in 2003 and featured about 40 hot-air balloons, a carnival, specialty vendors and concerts at 130-acre Champlain Valley Exposition. The first two years saw nearly perfect weather and many memorable hot-air balloon launches, concerts and a balloon-glow that the balloonists themselves described as one of the best ever. However, in 2006 and again last year, unsettled weather conditions during the three-day festival kept the balloons grounded more times than not and weekend attendance suffered. We just were not able to catch a break on the weather last year, said Tom Oddy, Director of Special Events for the Exposition. Hot-air balloons need clear skies and calm winds just after sunrise and just before sunset to safely launch.Despite our best efforts — and the support of some great presenting partners and sponsors — what people really wanted to experience at the festival was seeing the colorful hot-air balloons and special shape balloons, inflate, take off and fly, Oddy said.Despite the cancellation of the Vermont Balloon and Music Festival, hot-air ballooning enthusiasts still have several opportunities in the region to see the balloons fly: Quechee (Vt.) Balloon and Craft Festival on June 13-15; Stoweflake Hot Air Balloon Festival in Stowe on July 11-13; and The International Balloon Festival at Saint Jean-Sur-Richelieu in Quebec on Aug. 9-17. We know Vermonters and especially our neighbors in Chittenden County love to see the balloon floating over their neighborhoods, so we are talking with several of Vermonts local hot-air balloon pilots about incorporating a launch or two into the Fairs schedule this year, according to Champlain Valley Exposition General Manager David F. Grimm. A local balloonist flew over the Fair as the sunset last year and it was a beautiful sight. Its one we hope to repeat again this August.For more information about the upcoming 2008 events at Champlain Valley Exposition, visit www.cvexpo.org(link is external) and sign up for the free online newsletter to get early concert announcements, special discount offers and advance tickets.last_img read more

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Crusader preview: Both Wellington-El Dorado will be hungry for wins Friday; JV season no longer

August 14, 2020 | By admin | No Comments | Filed in: zuwmcftfp.

first_img230 Clearwater 43 Wellington 14 62 Friday, Sept. 30 10 Varsity Football (all games 7 p.m.) Assistant Superintendent: Brad Morris Aaron Schoemann 10 W. Collegiate Tatum Witham, Tori Winger, Kayla Billington Spirit Squad: Taylor, McGothlin, Regan Pourner, 180 away Dylan Ferguson away 190 185 16 190 170 home 190 2016 Wellington Crusader Football 53 10 78 Caleb Fowler Joe Ybarra 130 1 Deyton Araujo Ulysses 66 65 15 11 Dylan Goodman 10 by Tracy McCue, Sumner Newscow — Week #1 did not go as planned for the Wellington High School football team. But it probably didn’t go as planned for El Dorado either.So Friday at Butler County Community College Stadium, barring whatever is thrown to us by Mother Nature, will be a battle of two teams hungry for victory.The Crusaders, fresh off a 43-14 loss to Clearwater, battle El Dorado, which last week succumbed to Mulvane 52-28. It wasn’t as close as the score may indicate as Mulvane built a 39-7 lead by the half and coasted to victory.It’s a game, both teams want to win just to put week #1 in the rearview mirror for good.In the first week, Wellington gave up 455 yards against Clearwater.  What is worse the Crusaders suffered a huge blow when they lost their starting inside linebacker Lukas Soria who broke his fibula and could be out at least six weeks.El Dorado did not do much better giving up 343 yards, most of that yardage in the first half against Mulvane.So Friday is a gut check for both teams.El Dorado is not a team that has realized much success in the past two years. The Wildcats were an identical 2-7 in 2014 and 2015. But during the preseason, coach Jason Nichols said it’s a team that could end up above .500.Last Friday, Cade Morrow threw for 138 yards and two touchdowns – mostly in the second half. He also had 47 yards rushing.  Outside one play for 24 yards from runner Hunter Hancock, he accounted for all of El Dorado’s offense.That may be a positive sign for Wellington – which for whatever went wrong last Friday – showed a balanced attack offensively. Five running backs touched the ball Friday night with Chris Kop garnering 81 yards on 11 attempts and Colton Glover getting 66 yards on 21 attempts.Junior quarterback Cade Phelps was 6 of 20 for 85 yards and two touchdowns and one interception. Phelps most certainly has progressed since his previous year as a quarterback.Problem is Wellington is young and its youth showed last Friday. There were significant number of sophomores and juniors playing varsity for the first time. Subsequently, Wellington will no longer play junior varsity games after Friday night. There are 38 players out from sophomore to senior, and with so many of them playing in the varsity role, there is not enough to fill out a JV roster. Many of the sophomores will play in the freshman games.Just for comparison purposes, Sumner Newscow analyzed the rosters in 2013 and compared them to 2016. Wellington had 51 football players out in 2013 sophomore through seniors. There were 10 seniors, 21 juniors, 20 sophomores and 17 freshmen. This year Wellington has almost the same number of sophomores – 19, the same number of seniors – 10. But there are only nine juniors this year compared to 21 juniors in 2013. All told in 2013 there were 31 upperclassmen to 19 upperclassmen in 2016.Subsequently, the Class of 2015 (2014 year in football) with its 21 players have been hard to replace these past two years. In 2015, the Crusaders still had key returners on the line and had an experienced backfield which made up for some of the huge losses from the year before. Wellington finished 4-5.But most of those key starters are gone. Wellington returns just three offensive and four defensive players with the loss of Soria – some in different positions than the year before. Wellington is sitting there with basically a new line, a new backfield, new receivers, and mostly new defenders playing both ways. To top all of this off, Wellington has a new coaching staff and is implementing a new offense and defense.And that’s not to mention that when you are playing sophomores in a varsity role, there is significant size difference compared to seniors.Time will tell how this group develops, but for Crusader fans wishing to see an instant turn around and success on the gridiron, that’s something not in the realms of reality.Wellington-El Dorado game at a glance:Road opener: Wellington (0-1) at El Dorado (0-1), Friday at 7 p.m.Follow the game: Internet: Live twitter blogs on this site, Sumner Newscow. Twitter: Follow us at Cueballnewscow. Radio: Adrian Young and Jamie Cornejo, play-by-play, KLEY, 1130-AM and 100.3-FM. Television: Sumner Cable TV, Channel 5 (audio). Photos and recaps: wellington.cc and Sumner Newscow.Game night weather: Oh, boy. Not good. Weather.com is calling for 60 percent chance of rain at game time in El Dorado. This will be after 24 hours of precipitation. Bring your umbrella, if the game occurs Friday night.Series history: There is plenty of history for these old Ark Valley League foes. But nothing is readily available at Sumner Newscow headquarters. Wellington last played El Dorado in 2005, winning 22-21. The teams were playoff foes in 1999 and 2000 with Wellington winning easily both times in the first round en route to deep playoff runs.Game’s significance: Wellington needs a win against a winnable opponent. It gets tougher from this point forward.Injury situation: As mentioned, before Lukas Soria is out for six weeks. The rest of the team has normal bumps and bruises.•••••Competing schedules: 6 Chi Barton Winfield David Matlock 61 10 3 4 Michael Billington 150 54 12 68 Bailey Etter Mulvane 220 Friday, Sept. 23 10 270 Gabe Smith Caleb Alcorn Michael Ledbetter 5 70 10 Jack Walton 71 Rick Phelps, Tim Lira, Nick Wellington, Ryan Elder 215 51 Athletic Director: Luke Smith 185 11 220 Rose Hill 170 Chance Wilson Friday, Oct. 14 Friday, Sept. 16 8 Braiden Buresh 85 77 12 Colton Glover Scott City 10 11 11 140 Friday, Sept. 9 Friday, Oct. 28 11 Andale 11 Matthew Mason Tyler Jimenez 135 220 12center_img Braden Struble away Sponsor: Katie Franke 280 10 Ian Groom Cade Phelps Chase Pfalzgraf 165 El Dorado 190 Nic Reyes Lukas Soria 11 240 160 165 home Caleb Reichenberger Conner Burnett 10 22 18 160 150 Manager: Austin Fink 21 10 Superintendent: Dr. Mark Whitener Cody Metz Brayden Higgenbotham 11 10 155 10 84 De’ Andre Washington 12 12 11 170 25 10 10 79 33 10 home 10 160 42 140 12 Friday, Oct. 21 10 Follow us on Facebook.Follow us on Twitter. Drake Alcorn Assistant Principal: John Buckendorff 165 12 72 180 Tyler Murray 240 12 2 60 Makenna May, Cassidy Harriger, Lexi Saffell, away El DoradoMulvane 52 El Dorado 28Roster: Chloe Easterly, Andi Dry, Kelsi Haydon, 10 63 Eric Kop 50 WELLINGTON 10 Principal: Adam Hatifield Julian Jimenez Logan Jones Head Coach: Zane Aguilar away 180 Jason Jeffrey 220 11 Trayson Probst 12 Assisntant Coaches: Tony Ybarra, Ross Foley, John McComb, 160 7 12 150 24 Friday, Oct. 7 165 Chris Kop Close Forgot password? Please put in your email: Send me my password! Close message Login This blog post All blog posts Subscribe to this blog post’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Subscribe to this blog’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Follow the discussion Comments (13) Logging you in… Close Login to IntenseDebate Or create an account Username or Email: Password: Forgot login? Cancel Login Close WordPress.com Username or Email: Password: Lost your password? Cancel Login Dashboard | Edit profile | Logout Logged in as Admin Options Disable comments for this page Save Settings Sort by: Date Rating Last Activity Loading comments… You are about to flag this comment as being inappropriate. Please explain why you are flagging this comment in the text box below and submit your report. The blog admin will be notified. Thank you for your input. +1 Vote up Vote down Wellington Resident · 205 weeks ago SERIOUSLY! We have plenty of kids who stood and never played Friday night and who stood and didn’t play until the second half of the JV game Monday. Now those kids are never going to get playing time and become better players and in the next year or two when they have to play friday and they don’t have the experience don’t blame those kids. Blame whoever made this decision. Report Reply 1 reply · active 204 weeks ago +1 Vote up Vote down Alum · 204 weeks ago Each player can legally only play so many quarters a week. So it is what it is. We need more kids out. Those kids that don’t play on jv now will get to play with freshman is what it sounds like. Report Reply 1 reply · active 204 weeks ago +2 Vote up Vote down Crusader mom · 204 weeks ago And both our jv and freshman teams won. Freshman won 28-0 . Report Reply 0 replies · active 204 weeks ago -2 Vote up Vote down Crusader mom · 204 weeks ago How do I share this article thru Facebook? I tried and it shared the tennis and volleyball article. Report Reply 0 replies · active 204 weeks ago +23 Vote up Vote down Matt Barton · 204 weeks ago There are 4 sophomores who play enough varsity to make them ineligible for JV. That leaves 15 sophomores. Mix in the juniors that don’t play significant varsity time and you’re at 20. If we have to, bring up a 2-3 freshman who are ready to play JV. There are plenty of freshmen left to field their own, very competitive team. A lot of towns would love to have that many kids for a separate freshmen and JV team. Bottom line, we’re never going to be able to compete with the Andale’s (and even Mulvane’s) of the world if we cut 6-7 games from the schedule each year in these kids’ development years. If you’re concerned about the number of kids out for football now, cutting games when you absolutely have enough kids to field two teams, is not the answer. It will have an adverse effect if anything. Give these kids the opportunity, the development, and the reward of playing separate freshmen and JV games. Report Reply 3 replies · active 204 weeks ago 0 Vote up Vote down WHS GRAD · 204 weeks ago We need to be fully supportive of the team, and the coaches. Despite the usually quite inaccurate recollections of the “glory days”, we have had four coaches in seven years which does not help, and Coach Hibbs at the end was having difficulty winning (Mulvane / Andale etc.) if anyone bothers to go back and look. We have low numbers as well reflected in the article which adversely affects JV game scheduling / playing time; are small; and quite young, none are coaching decisions.. They will improve, and as long as they continue to be good representatives of the community that is all that matters. Go Crusaders. Report Reply 0 replies · active 204 weeks ago +1 Vote up Vote down IronDukes · 204 weeks ago The JV players are still playing the same amount of games. They’re just combining JV, which senior can’t play on, and the freshman into one team for Monday nights. Yes, there is only going to be one game on Mondays now, for the rest of the season, instead of two but they are still playing the same amount of games. And no this is not an indefinite thing. If the numbers start to increase in the years to come I guarantee the two separate games will be brought back. So what can you do? Get your kid(s) out!!! Report Reply 0 replies · active 204 weeks ago +3 Vote up Vote down Football mom · 204 weeks ago This means less playing time for each player, not seeing how this will benefit the kids. Report Reply 0 replies · active 204 weeks ago Post a new comment Enter text right here! Comment as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments Comments by IntenseDebate Enter text right here! Reply as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Cancel Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new commentslast_img read more

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Before Eliud Kipchoge, there was John Akii-Bua

August 13, 2020 | By admin | No Comments | Filed in: oysnvzlet.

first_imgAkii-Bua in action. He was the first man to run the high hurdles under 48 seconds as he won Uganda’s first Olympic Gold medal in 1972. The only other Olympic gold has been from Stephen Kiprotich, in the marathon in 2012. FILE PHOTO via David Isabirye | Kawowo SportsKampala, Uganda | LOUIS JADWONG & AFP | Kenyan ace Eliud Kipchoge looks set to become the first man to run Marathon’s 42.195 kilometres in under two hours today October 12, 2019 in Vienna.“This is about history,” he said at the pre-race press conference on Friday. “It’s about leaving a legacy. It’s about inspiring people.”“Breaking the two-hour marathon barrier would be like man landing on the moon,” he said. He added that it would “show to the world that when you focus on your goal, when you work hard and when you believe in yourself, anything is possible.”Kipchoge’s bid to create a “moon-landing” moment by running a historic first sub-two-hour marathon brings back memories of someone who actually “landed on the moon” before  — Uganda’s John Akii-Bua.On September 2 1972, Akii-Bua did something no other man had done before. In the Olympic Stadium in Munich, Akii-Bua was drawn in Lane One for the 400m hurdles. At 4.31pm local time, he won the gold medal in an astonishing new world record time of 47.82 sec, three-tenths of a second under the world mark set by Britain’s Hemery in the 1968 Mexico Olympics.He was the first man to run the high hurdles under 48 seconds;  first African to win gold in an event under 800m, and of course Uganda’s first Olympic gold winner.!In winning, Akii Bua,23, became the first East African athlete ever to set a world record either in the Olympics or in any other international athletics meet and the second African to do so after Abebe Bikila of Ethiopia at the 1964 Tokyo Games. Bikila won the Tokyo Marathon in 2 hours 12 minutes.Akii Bua doing his thing in an event considered highly technicalWhile Kipchoge’s attempt is being scrutinised because of the type of shoes he is going to race in, there was no such farce for Akii-Bua, as it is said, he broke the record “in a pair of shoes he’d worn for two years and run down that one spike was missing.” (read Kiphcoge profile page 2)More remarkable, was he run that final from the inside lane – considered the least favorite position in the one lap race.The Akii Bua secretsKenyan superstar Kipchoge, who holds the marathon world record and is reigning Olympic champion, sounds very confident , having come close to breaking the two-hour barrier when he was 25 seconds too slow in another staged run, at Italy’s Monza race circuit in 2017.Usually, by the time such professional athletes make the attempt, they have already either beaten or come close to the record in training before.It is said that months before John Akii-Bua broke the 400m hurdles world record at the 1972 Munich Games, he had already come very close to the mark several times in training at Wankulukuku and Nsambya grass tracks. This after he returned from high-altitude training in Kabale with his British coach Malcolm Arnold. Akii Bua died an unhappy man in 1997, a lesson for many of today’s Ugandan athletes who have now wisely invested heavily in their future, and life after sports. (follow live feed page 2)Share on: WhatsApp Pages: 1 2 His coach Malcolm Arnold kept it a secret from the world for obvious reasons. The only media house that knew the potential Akii-Bua was taking to Germany, was Kampala sports magazine Recorder, that predicted a record.Akii-Bua went on to shatter the world record, becoming the first man to run under 48 seconds.Akii-Bua was one of the geniuses among athletes, according to his British coach Malcom Arnold“While other runners were gasping for breath at the end of the race, the 6′ 2″ Ugandan skipped, jogged, jumped round the track – even leaped over a few more hurdles – on his victory lap. He is recognised as the inventor of the victory lap.”He returned home to a jubilant nation. Then President Idi Amin Dada promoted him in police, for which he was running, named a street after him in the city, and gave him a car and house as prizes.Because of international politics, with Africa pushing for the liberation of South Africa, he missed the 1976 Olympics and a showdown with United States rival Edwin Moses because of the boycott by Uganda and other African nations. Edwin Moses went on to set a new world record in 1976 and to reign until Kevin Young became the first man to run under 47 seconds in 1992.last_img read more

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,