New Delhi: Australian pacer Mitchell Johnson, who had retired from the Big Bash League (BBL) earlier in 2018, has announced to call it quits from all forms of cricket including any other domestic T20 leagues.“It’s over. I’ve bowled my final ball. Taken my final wicket. Today I announce my retirement from all forms of cricket,” Johnson wrote in Perth Now.The 36-year old Johnson played his last match for Australia in 2015 against New Zealand in Perth.The Aussie veteran has picked up 313 wickets in 73 Tests, 239 wickets in 153 ODIs and 38 in 30 T20Is.ALSO READ: Asian Games 2018 Day 1, LIVE Score, updates, results“My competitive urge hasn’t left me and hopefully that’s something I can use to channel into a coaching or mentoring role in the future,” Johnson wrote.One of the most fearsome bowlers of recent years, Johnson continued to play T20 domestic leagues like BBL and IPL but now has hanged his boots.“I had hoped to continue playing in various Twenty20 competitions around the world until perhaps the middle of next year. But the fact is my body is starting to shut down,” Johnson added.ALSO READ: Cricketers wear black armbands as mark of respect to Vajpayee, Wadekar“When I sat down with new Perth Scorchers coach Adam Voges recently to discuss my future, he was interested in me playing on again this summer. I did believe I could still be helpful around the playing group with my experience. But I think mentally I’m done as well,” he wrote in an article titled ‘Why I’m retiring from all levels of cricket,’ the former Perth Scorchers’ pacer said. “If I can’t play at 100 per cent then I can’t give my best to the team. And for me it’s always been about the team,” he added.However, Johnson didn’t completely rule out coaching but is still confused whether it will work out for him or not.As for the next chapter in his life, Johnson didn’t rule out coaching, but wasn’t sure whether it will work out well or not.“My competitive urge hasn’t left me and hopefully that’s something I can use to channel into a coaching or mentoring role in the future. I’m a believer in sticking to your strengths and cricket is my strength,” he said. For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
Archives: 上海品茶网 龙凤
A former Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Deputy is behind bars after being sentenced to 5 years in prison for stealing $50,000 from a children’s charity and paying kickbacks to lure patients into a drug treatment center he ran in West Palm Beach.Robert “Bobby” Simeone, 49, was arrested in February.Simeone retired from the sheriff’s office 5 years ago.On Tuesday, Simeone plead guilty to 30 felony charges related to three cases. A judge sentenced him to 5 years in prison and he will serve five years of probation after he is released from prison.
By John BurtonSEA BRIGHT – There’s plenty to be done as the borough continues to work its way back after Super Storm Sandy and Mayor Dina Long is glad for the help Sea Bright received from a handful of county inmates.“There is no shortage of projects in Sea Bright,” Long said as she and representatives from the Monmouth County Sheriff’s Office joined seven inmates from the Monmouth County Correctional Institution, Freehold, as the inmates provided the labor for some work on the borough’s beachfront.Monmouth County Sheriff’s Officer Thomas Johnson is joined by Sea Bright Mayor Dina Long while overseeing inmates from the county correctional institution cleaning the beach in Sea Bright.Five to seven inmates traveled to the borough for much of the week of Jan. 28-Feb. 1 and cleared mounds of sand; cleaned up debris and trash; shoveled sand off of walkways along the borough’s sea wall along Ocean Avenue; and other needed work, according to Cynthia Scott, public information officer for the sheriff’s office.The group also worked on cleaning up the borough’s police headquarters that had been damaged in the late October storm, Long noted.The seven men, clad in orange jumpsuits, were stringing a length of dune fencing on Thursday, Jan. 31, along a section of beach located behind the borough hall and the former Donovan’s Reef bar site on Ocean Avenue.The fence is being erected in a zigzag pattern along that stretch to catch shifting sand and to build up the dunes. It’s an important step in helping rebuild the beaches, Long said.The mayor was happy to get the help. “We’re real lucky that Monmouth County has this program,” Long said.Over the last few weeks crews from the sheriff’s Inmate Labor Program have been working in Belmar and Bradley Beach, helping with those towns’ recovery and cleanup efforts. They are scheduled to be in Millstone the next week, Scott said.“I think this program is a good opportunity to help these towns” impacted by Sandy, Monmouth County Sheriff Shaun Golden said in a phone interview.The sheriff’s office has had the labor program for about 10 years. During his time as sheriff, Golden, who was elected in 2010, said he has increased it, with an average of three crews of five to eight inmates each, out in the field in any given week.The sheriff’s office operates the county’s 1,328-bed correctional facility and permits inmates incarcerated for minor offenses, usually first-time offenders, to participate in the program. It allows the inmates access outside of the facility, usually for five to six hours a day, and permits them to accumulate credits which could result in an overall reduction of their sentences, Golden said.The workforce is available at no cost to the communities, according to Scott.Sea Bright has benefitted from the program previously with crews coming to the borough to participate in the annual spring Project Clean Shores program, according to Long.